Internship / Volunteer ProgrammesThe Raj Nivas or the Lt.Governor of Puducherry's official office and residence has been standing tall, with its impressive French architecture, since 1766. Under the visionary leadership of her Excellency, the Lt.Governor of Puducherry, Dr.Kiran Bedi, for the first time in its illustrious and long history, the Raj Nivas became accessible to young millennial. The Raj Nivas Youth engagement program was launched in 2017 with the goal to build and nurture leaders for the nation.
Youth Engagement ProgramThe objective of the Youth Engagement Program is to foster public service and leadership skills while providing a unique opportunity to equip with valuable professional experience in nation building-New India.The interns are mentored with hands-on experience to strengthen their understanding of the Executive role of the Raj Nivas and its mission to serve the people of Puducherry and the Nation.
As an intern the assignments on any given day could include:Conducting research, analytical report making, documentation, understanding, security dynamics, attend meetings & briefings, creating & updating presentations and fact sheets, social media communication, open house, public relations, interactions with visitors, social outreach programs, service & eco oriented projects, liasing with schools, colleges and NGO's, even concept creation and event management.
Way ForwardTake the Youth Engagement Program to college campuses nationwide.This will tap the best of the Civil services aspirants,students of Political science,Sociology,Law and active youth leaders.
"Catch them young" - opportunities for 'Short Volunteer programs' between 14-17 years to introduce them to conscious and purposeful governance.
Advice to Internship Aspirants
- Come prepared to apply your skills while you learn some new ones.
- It is full-time public service program and involves real time project execution.So ensure you are diligent,committed and punctual.
- You will be inspired by the passion and energy levels at Raj Nivas ,to be on your toes and give your best.Ensure you are physically fit,hydrated and nourished.
- Keep your dress code formal.You never know you might be required to be present among dignitaries and visitors.
How to Apply:
a). All internships are based on Project profiles in process and Mandatory verifications.
b). Apply by mail with following details:
- Letter from Institution
- A statement in 200 words - A letter of intent - "why She / He intends to join this programme"